What Information About Our Sites Visitors and Forum Users Do we Collect?
- When you subscribe to our mailing list, join our forum, order a product, sign up for an event or respond to an email, or use various site features.
- If you place an order or sign up on our site we may ask for information such as your name, your mailing address, email, credit card information, phone number or other information. However. when you visit our site you have the option to browse our site anonymously.
- If an order is placed as a gift for another person we collect information about the gift recipient. The information pertaining to gift recipients is only used to fulfill the purchase of the gift. Information collected about gift recipients is not used for marketing.
How is your information used?
When you purchase products, sign up to our mailing list or forum, enter a contest, promotion or survey, if you respond to marketing messages from us, or browse our website, we may use your information for purposes such as.
- Customer service requests, in order to help us provide superb service to you in responding to any customer service requests.
- Customizing user experience, helping us understand what kind of content and types of products our visitors prefer.
- Process your transactions in a timely fashion.
- Organize a bonsai meetup, class, event, survey or contest.
- When you register on our site and opt in to receive periodic email updates. You can always opt-out, or modify information by logging in to your account, or clicking opt out on the correspondence you have received. If you don’t opt in you will not receive these emails. You will always be given an option to be on our mailing list and receive updates and offers (including discounts) or not.
- There may be certain Members only content on our website which will require name and email address to participate in, such as our members only forum for example.
Placing an Order: Security
All information entered when placing an order on Best-Bonsai.com will be sent with standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Encryption. When you enter your credit card information it is encrypted before it sent through the internet. When it arrives to us we use that information to process your order for a one time transaction and do not store credit card numbers of purchases.
What We Do To Protect Information About Website Visitors and Registered Members
A variety of security measures are used to ensure our customers and site users information is properly protected. This information is collected using secured networks such as Google Analytics Tracking and Facebook Pixel tracking. Only a limited number of people have access to the information we collect. These people not authorized to share this information. We do not sell your information such as Name, Address, Phone, Number. All credit card information is sent via SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption to only be delivered to our merchant account to process the transaction for the order you placed.
When you browse the web most sites store small files to your memory through the web browser (if your settings allow) this allows the service provider to recognize your browsers signature and remember certain information this results in better user experience. For example the load time is improved and certain aspects of the site like items in your shopping cart will load when you return to the site.
Cookies are also used to help us provide a better user experience to our customers and site users by helping the site administrator better understand their preferences based on previous visits. Site data like traffic and user interaction is provided via cookies this helps us provide a better experience and features over time.
We may work with third party providers like such as Google Analytics to better analyze this data but we do not sell this information.
You have the option to have your browser give you a notification each time a cookie is sent, you also have the option to turn off cookies. You can do this through your browser’s settings. Check your browser’s help page if you need help figuring out where this option is inside settings. If you turn off cookies you won’t have access to allot of features most sites offer. Certain sites will not function properly if cookies are not on. You can always give us a call us by phone and contact our customer service representative if you have any questions or need any help via our contact us page.
Third party links
In order to provide you with as much relevant information as possible we may include 3rd party links to outside websites. We want to provide the best experience possible please feel free to leave us any feedback about links to any site from us. Please do us the favor of notifying us regarding any broken links, this should never occur. If it does we want to fix it as soon as possible. Websites outside of Best-bonsai.com have their own privacy policies, completely independent of ours.